Hobbs Tea is a childhood dream and passion of the founder, Jamie Chambers. She has been dreaming of the ultimate tea experience since age seven. Now, 23 years later, she is so excited and honored to offer you the very best organic teas from across the globe.
Where it all started: Jamie, far right, age 7, enjoying tea at her mothers work with her lovely grandma, Alice, and her cousin, Rain. Pictured at the Princeville Hotel 1997 (now Princeville Resort), overlooking her hometown of Hanalei Bay, Kauai.
Inspired by untouched beauty and striving to share the benefits of tea, Jamie Chambers was raised in the small beach town of Hanalei, Kauai.
At age seven, her mom worked at a resort serving afternoon tea overlooking the infamous Hanalei bay. Jamie was instantly captivated by the glamorous, inspirational, ways of tea.
After high school, she set off to study Culinary Arts and International Business in Santa Barbara, California, where she went on to work as a pastry cook, and eventually a became a pastry Chef. Next, she moved to San Francisco- a young island girl living the big city dream. Her morning routine consisted of fresh organic fruit from the farmers market, a health drink, and out the door with at least two big mugs of tea for the two hour commute ahead. She loved her tea, but it took too long to brew- and everyone else was drinking chemical treated tea dust mechanically filled into bleached nylon and plastic tea bags. Not good. Not healthy.
She, however, was drinking something fabulous. On the bus, in the office, on airplanes, taxis… Everywhere, but, it wasn’t easy- packing the tea, straining equipment, dumping the tea leaves (that are great to re-brew), usually spilling and burning herself, cleaning, drying, re-storing. Her most precious luxury was turning into a complete nightmare. She searched for a simple solution- nowhere to be found.
Inspiration sparked from her early childhood. A vision of tea: synonymous with integrity, strength, and purity- unique and easy to brew at home and abroad, with benefits that continue to inspire even after your cup of tea is long gone. She said yes to tea inspiration, quit her job in San Francisco, and moved home to Hawaii to rebuild the ultimate expression of tea. HOBBS TEA was born.
Her philosophy is simple: Unite the unprecedented quality and unparalleled benefits of organic, handcrafted, whole leaves, with the ease of bleach and nylon free bags.
A rare and stunning combination… Today, each small batch is lovingly handcrafted on the island of Oahu, in Hawaii, with the finest, luxurious, sustainable, ecologically sound artisan teas grown around the world by people who are taking care of the land for future generations. With more than twice the tea of others, a single HOBBS TEA bag will easily re-brew 2-7 cups of tea- anytime, anywhere. Unlike most, each tea bag is filled by hand to maintain the unique health benefits, delicate flavor, and overall integrity of the most high quality tea.
Its name stems back nearly twenty years ago, in the resort where her mom worked, while Jamie was enjoying her pot of tea, she was overheard introducing herself as "Jamie Paulette Chambers HOBBS".
HOBBS TEA is the most pure, beneficial, and effortless tea experience possible. The perfect antidote to stress, travel, and your busy schedule. It will change the way you drink tea forever and is the health and wellness essential you absolutely cannot live without.
Welcome to your new favorite part of the day.
Global love through tea
- Certified organic to protect our planet and our families at home and abroad
- Create, maintain, and increase local work opportunities for farmers and artisans around the world
- Protect local artisan craftsmanship and teach care for the land through tea
- Ensure century-old crafting techniques continue to be passed to our future generations
- Provide a complete, sustainable, plant-based, organic tea with sustainable healthy roots at each every step
At Hobbs Tea, each and every step matters!
- Each 100% natural plant fiber tea bag is hand-filled with organic, whole leaf tea on Oahu, Hawaii!
- Today most tea bags have yucky stuff. But, not your Hobbs Tea bag!
- Hobbs Tea bags are always free of bleach, nylon, plastic, metal and glue.
- We work with master crafters to create 100% natural, virgin plant pulp into the highest quality natural tea bags
- Easy brewing for you: a 100% chemical-free cup of tea, healthy for our planet every step of the way
- Each tea bag is hand-sealed into certified 100% compostable and renewable plant-based bags, then heat-sealed
- Always free of glue and metal
- All products in our facilities are friendly toward our families and our environment.
- All cleaning products are 100% natural and biodegradable, and approved for use within certified organic facilities.
Dreams do come true! Hobbs Tea has had the honor of being featured in the Tory Burch Foundation Seed Box, 100% of all net proceeds empower female entrepreneurs around the globe. In March of 2020 Hobbs Tea had the privilege of participating in the Tory Burch Foundation Embrace Ambition Summit in New York City. Pictured above: Jamie and Tory Burch enjoying Hobbs Tea at the Entrepreneur marketplace.